Super Bowl Recipes
makes 12 servings
- 1 (32 oz.) package frozen potato nuggets (such as Tater Tots®)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 ½ teaspoons Bourbon Barrel Smoked Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon Barrel Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon Smoked Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon Smoked Salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeno pepper slices
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, for garnish
1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread potato nuggets out onto a baking sheet. Bake until nuggets are golden brown and crisp, about 25 minutes.
2 Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 7-8 minutes. Add chili powder, smoked paprika, pepper, salt and onion powder and cook for 2 minutes more. Add water, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until liquid reduces, about 5 minutes.
3 Set oven rack to highest position and turn broiler on to high. Arrange
potato nuggets on an oven-proof platter and top with ground beef.
Scatter shredded Mexican cheese over the top.
4 Cook potato nuggets under the broiler until cheese melts, 1 to 3 minutes.
Whisk sour cream and lime juice together in a bowl. Garnish totchos with tomatoes, black olives, jalapenos, avocado, sour cream mixture, scallions, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Crispy Sorghum, Sriracha, and Lime Glazed Wings
makes 5-6 servings
For the wings:
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon Smoked Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon Smoked Paprika
- 2 ½ pounds chicken wing sections
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon Smoked Sesame Seeds
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- For the glaze:
- 1/3 cup Sorghum
- ¼ -1/3 cup sriracha sauce (more or less to suit your taste)
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with
aluminum foil and place a wire rack over the foil.
2 Whisk baking powder, smoked salt, pepper, and paprika together in a
small bowl. Place chicken wings in a large bowl. Sprinkle half of the baking powder mixture over wings and toss to coat. Sprinkle remaining baking powder mixture over wings and toss to coat again.
3 Place wings onto the rack of the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn wings and continue baking for 20 minutes. Turn wings again and bake until wings are browned and crispy, about 15 minutes more.
4 Whisk sorghum, sriracha, lime zest and juice and sesame oil together in a large bowl until glaze is smooth. Add wings to bowl and toss to coat completely. Arrange wings on a serving platter and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately with any excess glaze in a small bowl for dipping.
Bourbon Barrel Worcestershire Cheese Balls
Makes 2 cheese balls
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar, grated
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar, grated
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon Barrel Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon Smoked Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon Smoked Pepper
- Crackers or bread, to serve
1 Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, except the smoked paprika and pepper. Refrigerate for about an hour.
2 Sprinkle smoked paprika and smoked black pepper, separately, on two plates. Divide cheese mixture in half. Roll into two cheese balls. Roll one ball in smoked paprika and the other in smoked pepper. Place on a platter with crackers or bread and serve.
Bourbon Smoked Paprika and Parmesan Popcorn
Makes 6 cups
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon Smoked Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt
- 6 cups popcorn, freshly popped and still warm
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 In a small bowl, combine the parmesan, smoked paprika, garlic powder and sea salt.
2 In a large mixing bowl, add warm popcorn and drizzle over the melted butter. Toss. Sprinkle over the cheese mixture and toss again to combine. Serve.
Togarashi Snack Mix
- 3 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 3 cups Wheat Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup garlic or everything flavored bagel chips
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 1 ½ cups mixed nuts
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon Barrel Aged Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon Smoked Salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup Bourbon Smoked Togarashi
1 Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a very large bowl, combine the cereals, bagel chips, pretzels and nuts. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter with the Worcestershire, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and cayenne, if using. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle over the togarashi and toss again.
2 Pour mixture into a large roasting pan or 2 rimmed baking sheets. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Candied Pepper Bacon Wrapped Smoked Sausages
makes 36 mini sausages
- 12 ounces bacon
- 1 (14 ounce) package Lit’l Smokies® sausages
- 1/4 cup Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon Smoked Pepper
1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Cut bacon into thirds and wrap each strip around a sausage. Secure with a toothpick.
2 Arrange the sausages on the baking sheet and sprinkle them liberally with smoked pepper and then the sugar. Bake for 40 minutes or until browned and crispy. Cool for 5 minutes. To serve and keep warm, place sausages in a slow cooker set on low.
Crowd Favorite Large-Batch Cocktails
Makes 4 servings
- ½ cup Kentucky Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Woodford Reserve® Aromatic Bitters
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles amber beer
- 4 strips orange peel
- 4 Woodford Reserve® Bourbon Cherries
1 Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add bourbon, sugar and bitters. Shake well. Strain into 4 rocks glasses and top each glass with half a bottle of beer.
2 Rub each rim with an orange peel and add to the drink. Garnish with a bourbon cherry and serve.
Bourbon Spiked Ice Tea Punch
- Makes 30 (4 oz.) servings
- 64 ounces black tea, warm, fresh brewed
- 30 ounces Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- 16 ounces lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 48 ounces Kentucky Bourbon
- 4 lemons, thinly sliced, plus extra for garnish
1 In a 5 quart container, combine the warm tea and sugar. Stir until sugar completely dissolves. Add the lemon juice and bourbon and stir. Chill for at least 1 hour.
2 Pour the punch into a punch bowl or serving pitcher. Add the lemon slices. To serve, pour into ice-filled glasses, garnished with more lemon.
White Wine Sangria with Mint, Lemon, and Lime
In a small pitcher, combine all the ingredients, except the mint leaves.
Refrigerate sangria for at least an hour.
Place mint leaves in four glasses, with ice, if desired.
Pour sangria into glasses and enjoy.
Comments are closed