Bourbon Smoked Cacao Nibs, Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt, Bourbon-Madagascar Vanilla Extract, Desserts, Recipes
Chocolate Dipped Pecan Sandies with Smoked Cacao Nib
Makes 40-50 cookies
For the cookie dough:
½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup light brown sugar
2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoons Bourbon Smoked Salt
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
For the dipping chocolate:
2 ½ ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2-3 tablespoons Bourbon Smoked Cacao Nibs, finely chopped
1) Using a stand mixer or a large bowl and hand mixer, beat the butter and light brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla. Whisk together the flour and salt in a small bowl and add to the butter mixture. Beat until combined. Stir in the pecans.
2) Divide dough into two portions on two sheets of plastic wrap. Shape dough into logs, rolling ends of plastic wrap tightly. Place in freezer for 15 minutes to firm up. Shape logs into rectangular shape and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Dough may also be frozen for up to two months.
3) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Unwrap dough and slice cookies about ¼” thick. Place on prepared sheet pans, about 1” apart. Bake until light golden brown, about 11 minutes. Leave to cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
4) As cookies cool, make the dipping chocolate. In a small microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate and butter. Microwave in 10-15 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
5) Dip each cookie in the chocolate, dipping only one corner. Place onto wire rack to allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle some chopped, smoked cacao nibs onto the chocolate. Repeat with remaining cookies. Allow chocolate to set before storing in an airtight container.
Comments are closed