This special pancake recipe is from our founder and owner’s daughter Madeline Jamie. Believe us, Madeline knows her pancakes! This pancake recipe will bring a whole new meaning to “breakfast for dinner”. Madeline, being the daughter of the bourbon smoked foods genius, Matt Jamie knows how to utilize the products she’s grown up eating. What 12-year-old wouldn’t want Bourbon Smoked Sugar to enhance the flavor profile of their Sunday morning breakfast?
Madeline’s Pancake Recipe
Madeline makes these mouthwatering pancakes for her family on the weekends.
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup (125 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tsp butter, melted and divided
- 1 tbsp Bourbon Barrel Aged Vanilla
- Pure Cane Sorghum or Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup, for serving
- Combine milk with vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes to “sour”.
- Whisk together flour, Bourbon Smoked Sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt in a large bowl.
- Add egg, 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and vanilla into soured milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until just the large lumps are gone. *Do not over mix – Pancakes will be tough.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat and brush lightly with melted butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake and cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the edges seem dry.
- Adjust heat as needed is the pan is too hot.
- Flip with a spatula and cook until browned on the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with Bourbon Barrel Sorghum or Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup.