Be There in Spirit
OLD FORESTER’S BOURBON ALEXANDER
- 1 oz Old Forester Signature 100 Proof
- 1 oz Half n’ Half
- 0.5 oz Coconut Liqueur
- 0.5 oz Crème de Cacao
- 2 droppers Old Forester Bohemian Bitters
Cocktails and Gift ideas for Holiday 2020!
Bourbon Maple Old Fashioned
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 0.5 oz Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- 3-drops Woodford Reserve® Orange Bitters
- Orange peel for garnish
- Bourbon Smoked Pepper Bacon for garnish
Woodford Reserve Old Fashioned
- 1.5 oz Old Forester 86 Proof
- 4 drops Old Forester Smoked Cinnamon Bitters
- .5 oz Bourbon Smoked Simple Syrup –– sweeten to taste
- 4 oz Bourbon Barrel Aged Coffee
- Bourbon Vanilla Whipped Cream for topping
Combine the top 4 ingredients in mug and stir. Top with Bourbon Vanilla Whipped Cream.
BOURBON SMOKED SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1 cup Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- 1 cup water
Mix ingredients in a pot. Bring to a boil, remove from heat. Cool and store in an airtight container. Keep refrigerated and discard after two weeks.
Bourbon Barrel Aged Bloody Mary
- 4 oz. Barrel Aged & Bourbon Smoked Bloody Mary Cocktail Mix
- 1.5 oz. of vodka or bourbon
stir and pour over ice, garnish optional
Old Forester Muddy Boots
Combine all ingredients and garnish with a Bourbon Marshmallow + mint.
Batch (8 servings) 1.5 cups Old Forester Mint Julep
3 cups Brewed black coffee
3 cups Hot Chocolate
1.5 tsp Old Forester Salt & Pepper Tincture
Combine in slow cooker, keep on warm setting.
Jack Daniel’s Gentleman Jack Whiskey Sour
- 2oz. Jack Daniels® Gentleman Jack
- 2oz. Gentleman Jack Whiskey Sour Mix
- 1 Egg White (optional)
Combine ingredients in a shaker. Shake Well. Add Ice. Continue to shake. Strain into chilled glass. Garnish with lemon.
For a Whiskey Sour without Egg White, combine the first two ingredients. Continue to shake. Strain into chilled glass. Garnish with lemon.
Woodford Reserve Manhattan
- 2 ounces Woodford Reserve® Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey
- ½ ounce Punt e Mes Sweet Vermouth
- ½ ounce Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
- 4 drops Woodford Reserve® Orange Bitters
- Woodford Reserve® Bourbon Cherries, to garnish
In a mixing glass, combine ingredients, add ice, and stir. Strain into a cocktail or coupe glass. Garnish with a cherry.
Bourbon Barrel Egg Nog
- 4 cups of milk
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 egg yolks
- 1½ cups Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- 2½ cups Kentucky Bourbon
- 4 cups light cream
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon Barrel Aged Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, plus extra for garnishing
1) Combine milk, cloves, and cinnamon in a large saucepan. Slowly bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, remove from heat.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and smoked sugar. While whisking, slowly pour in a ladleful of hot milk and repeat. Pour milk and egg mixture into the saucepan of remaining milk. Return pan to medium or medium-low heat and cook, constantly whisking for about 3 minutes until mixture thickens slightly. Do not allow the mixture to boil, or it will curdle. Strain into a large container and allow to cool for an hour.
3) Stir in bourbon, cream, vanilla, and nutmeg. Refrigerate overnight. Serve in small cups garnished with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Spiced Buttered Bourbon Cider
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 cup water
- 6 tbsp Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter chilled
- 1 1/2 cups Kentucky Bourbon
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon
- ground nutmeg for garnish
Combine first five ingredients in a large saucepan.
Bring to a boil.
Cover with a lid and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
Add 4 tbsp of the butter to the an and bring back to a boil.
Remove from heat and add bourbon and lemon juice.
Strain cider into a large pitcher or measuring cup.
Cut remaining tsp. of butter into four pieces
Divide between four mugs or cups and add a piece of butter to each mug.
Garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg and serve.
Bourbon Barrel’s Champagne Cocktail
- 2 tablespoons vanilla simple syrup (see recipe)
- 2 dashes Woodford Reserve® Aromatic Bitters
- 2 ounces Kentucky Bourbon
- Champagne or Prosecco
- Woodford Reserve® Bourbon Cherries, for garnish.
1) In a chilled champagne flute, add the vanilla simple syrup and bitters. Pour in the bourbon and mix well. Top off with champagne or prosecco and garnish with a cherry.
Vanilla Simple Syrup
Makes 1 cup
- 1 cup Bourbon Barrel Vanilla Sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon Barrel Aged Madagascar Vanilla Extract
1) In a small saucepan, combine the vanilla sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Once dissolved, remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla. Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Syrup keeps for 1 month.
The Classic Rye
1. In a mixing glass, combine ingredients, add ice, and stir—strain into a highball glass. Garnish with the star anise and lightly expressed lemon peel.