This bison chili recipe is sure to be a hit with all who try it. The rich bison meat pairs perfectly with the smoky bourbon spices, creating a delicious flavor that will warm you up from the inside out. Enjoy!
2 lbs. ground bison loin
4 Tablespoon, Bourbon Barrel Aged Worcestershire Sauce
1 sweet onion, finely diced
1 bay leaf
3 ½ Tablespoon, Bourbon Smoked Paprika
1 Tablespoon, Bourbon Smoked Pepper
½ Tablespoon, Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt
⅔ teaspoon, cumin seeds
½ teaspoon, crushed chilies
¼ teaspoon, cinnamon
¼ teaspoon, clove
¼ teaspoon white pepper
¼ teaspoon, turmeric
2 (8 oz.) cans of tomato sauce
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add the bison meat and cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the Bourbon Barrel Aged Worcestershire to the meat and mix.
- Add the onion, mix and cook until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add all spices to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the cans of tomato sauce. Bring the chili to a simmer and let it cook for about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with shredded cheese, chopped green onion, or your favorite chili toppings.
Adjust Bourbon Smoked Salt and Bourbon Smoked Pepper to taste.