This Bourbon Smoked Curry Chicken Salad has become a staple at our Louisville, Kentucky based Eat Your Bourbon Marketplace. It’s our founder and owner, Matt Jamie’s go-to for lunch. This recipe is filled with flavor, quick and easy to make. Let us know how you like it in the comments.
Bourbon Smoked Curry Chicken Salad
- 24 oz Chicken Breast, cooked to an internal temp of 165, shredded or cubed
- 1 cup of celery, diced about 3 ribs
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 apple, diced (Honeycrisp or a sweet variety of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Zest of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon Bourbon Smoked Garlic Salt (+ more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Bourbon Smoked Citrus Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon Smoked Curry Powder
- 1 ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Bourbon Smoked Spiced Pecans– To garnish
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until incorporated.
Serve as a sandwich on your favorite local bakery bread, over greens for a healthier option or eat it Matt’s way– with Pretzels!
6-8 Servings. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
Recipe by Hannah Black – Project Manager