Grilled Chili-Lime Cauliflower Steaks Recipe
Chili Lime Cauliflower Steaks are a perfect choice for anyone looking for a flavorful and vegetarian option that is also easy to prepare. These steaks are made by slicing a cauliflower head into thick slices, brushing them with a mixture of chili powder, lime juice, and olive oil, and then roasting them until they are tender and golden brown.
2 large heads of cauliflower
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 limes, zested and juiced
2 teaspoons, Bourbon Barrel Aged Pure Cane Sorghum
1 tablespoon, Bourbon Smoked Chili Powder
1 tablespoon, Bourbon Smoked Garlic Salt
3 tablespoons, cilantro, chopped
lime wedges, for garnish
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill on high heat. Remove the outer leaves from each cauliflower. Cut two or three “steaks” about 1-1/2 inches thick from the middle of each cauliflower. You will have extra florets from the sides, which you can also grill, along with the steaks. Just slice to about the same thickness as the steaks for even cooking.
- Whisk the olive oil, lime juice, zest and sorghum together in a small bowl. In another small bowl, mix together the chili powder and smoked garlic salt. Brush each cauliflower steak and the florets with the olive oil mixture. Season with the chili powder mixture. Lay the steaks, seasoned side down, onto the grill. Brush and season the other side of each steak and the florets on the grill. Grill, turning every 4-5 minutes and basting occasionally with the olive oil mixture. Continue grilling until browned and slightly charred on both sides. Cauliflower should be cooked but still a little al dente.
- Remove from grill and serve on a platter. Brush with any remaining olive oil mixture and garnish with chopped cilantro and the lime wedges.
Try Roasted Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Whisk the olive oil, lime juice, zest and sorghum together in a small bowl. In another small bowl, mix together the chili powder and smoked garlic salt. Brush each cauliflower steak and the florets with the olive oil mixture. Then, season with the chili powder mixture.
- Spread evenly on baking sheet.
- Place in the oven to roast, stirring with a rubber spatula a few times to to cook evenly, until desired tenderness, 30-35 minutes. Remove cauliflower from oven and drizzle with squeeze lime juice directly on the baking sheet.
- Taste and add more salt, pepper or lime zest if desired.