November is here, and with Thanksgiving quickly approaching, it’s time to start planning your holiday feast. As the centerpiece of the meal, the turkey is the star of the show. If you’re feeling overwhelmed and unsure how to create the perfect brine, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered with a dry brine method that will leave you with the most succulent turkey you’ve ever tasted. Our signature spice blend is the key to a juicy and flavorful bird. With just a few simple steps, you’ll be a pro at dry-brining your turkey.
Bourbon Barrel Turkey Dry Brine
Turkey brining will help you cook the tastiest turkey you’ve ever had.
- 4 1/2 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 4 1/2 tsp Bourbon Smoked Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp Bourbon Smoked Chili Powder
- 3 tbsp Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- 1 tbsp ground sage
- 4 1/2 tsp Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt
- 2 1/2 tsp Bourbon Smoked Pepper
- Toast cumin seeds in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Allow cooling for 5 minutes, then grind in a clean coffee grinder or mortar and pestle.
- Combine remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- rub turkey with the dry rub and allow to sit in a refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight before proceeding to roast or smoke the turkey.
- note* this rub would also be excellent on a whole chicken.