Smashed Brussels Sprouts with Apple, Pecans and Bacon
These Smashed Brussels Sprouts are sure to be your new favorite! Brussels Sprouts are perfect to cook and share at a dinner party, like Thanksgiving, and they are quick and easy enough to make for weeknight dinners. Let’s make them –
Smashed Brussels Sprouts with Diced Apple, Bourbon Smoked Spiced Pecans and Bourbon Smoked Pepper Bacon
½ pound Bourbon Smoked Pepper Bacon
1 small apple – diced
2 pounds Brussels Sprouts – trimmed and cleaned
1 package Bourbon Smoked Spiced Pecans
4 tablespoons kosher salt
½ tablespoon Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• Prepare Apples: Dice apples into small pieces about 1/8 inch – set aside
• Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
• Prepare Bacon: On a large sheet tray, spread out Bourbon Smoked Pepper Bacon. Cook bacon in oven until crisp. • • Remove from oven and drain access bacon fat into a heat-safe bowl. Save bacon fat. Dice bacon into small pieces, about 1/8 inch – set aside.
• Turn oven up to 450-degrees F.
• Prepare Brussels Sprouts: In a large pot of boiling water, add the kosher salt and the Brussels Sprouts, cook until just tender, approximately 5-minutes.
• Remove from water, drain and dry sprouts well.
• Smash Brussels Sprouts with a heavy-bottom pot and place in a large bowl.
• Toss with Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt, oil, apples and bacon fat, then spread out without overlapping on a sheet tray.
• Bake in a 450-degree F oven until crispy, approximately 15 minutes. Garnish with bacon and pecans and serve.
Recipe by Bourbon Barrel Foods, Chef in Residence Chef Michael Hargrove of River City Supper Club. Learn more about Chef Michael’s River City Supper Club Pop-Up’s at eatyourbourbonmarketplace.com.