Appetizers, Blog, Bourbon Smoked Chef's Blend, Bourbon Smoked Pepper, Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt, Recipes, Salads and Sides
Bourbon Smoked Chef’s Blend Crispy Smashed Potatoes With Parmesan, Rosemary and Chives
Bourbon Smoked Chef’s Blend Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Parmesan, Rosemary and Chives – this recipe is a great addition to a Thanksgiving table. These are easy to bring along as a side dish contribution to a Friendsgiving, or make them on the spot. Either way, you might be finding this recipe on your table all rear long. We know we will!
1 tablespoon salt
2 pounds Potatoes – Baby Yukon Gold or Baby Reds
3 tablespoons melted butter
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
2 tablespoons Bourbon Smoked Chef’s Blend
Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt & Bourbon Smoked Pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
• Preheat broiler to medium-high heat.
Prepare the Potatoes:
• In a large pot, place potatoes and salt and bring to a boil.
• Cook, covered for 30-35 minutes or until just fork-tender.
Smash, Season and Broil:
• On a medium-large, greased sheet pan, arrange potatoes into a single layer.
• Using a potato masher or heavy-bottomed glass, flatten the potatoes. (not too hard or they will end up mashed)
• In a bowl, mix 3-tablespoons of melted butter, Bourbon Smoked Chef’s Blend, crushed garlic and rosemary.
• Pour the mixture over each potato.
• Sprinkle with Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt and Bourbon Smoked Pepper on the top of each potato.
• Broil on the middle rack until they are golden and crispy – approximately 10-15-minuets
• Remove from oven, sprinkle Parmesan Cheese over the potatoes and return to the oven until the Parmesan cheese is melted.
• Season with a little extra salt and chives and serve immediately.
Recipe by, Bourbon Barrel Foods Chef in Residence Chef Michael Hargrove of River City Supper Club. Learn more about Chef Michael’s River City Supper Club Pop-Up’s at eatyourbourbonmarketplace.com.
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.