Appetizers, Barbecue Sauce, Bourbon Smoked Garlic Salt, Bourbon Smoked Pepper, Entrées, Recipes
Bourbon Barrel Barbecued Chicken Legs
Bourbon Smoked Barbecue Chicken Legs
Slow – Small – Simple, that’s our motto with this traditional dish!
- 4 tbsp Bourbon Barrel Smoked Salt
- 1 tbsp Bourbon Barrel Smoked Pepper
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups cold water
- 6 chicken drumsticks, trimmed of excess fat
- 6 chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 3 cups Bourbon Barrel Barbecue Sauce
- In a large bowl or container, add the smoked salt, pepper and 1 cup boiling water. Stir until dissolved. Add the cold water and stir.
- Drop in the chicken pieces and place into the refrigerator. Leave chicken to brine for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Heat a grill for indirect grilling. Light charcoals, burn until ash grey and dump them all on one side of the grill. Alternately, turn on just one side of a gas grill. Once grill is hot, clean and oil the grate.
- Remove chicken from brine and onto paper towels to dry. Place chicken, skin side down, on the cool side of the grill, away from coals. Cover with a lid. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until chicken starts to brown, turning once or twice.
- Move chicken closer to coals (the hot side) but not directly over them. Cook and begin to flip chicken often, brushing liberally with the barbecue sauce every 5 minutes until sticky, for about 10-15 minutes more. Remove from grill and rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Comments are closed